Mini Segway is a two wheeled robot that can 'dance' to music using beat detection, and self-balance.
- An onboard microphone picks up the energy of a song, and an interrupt routine performs a 'dance' move if a part of the song exceeds an energy threshold.
- PID Control was used in conjunction to an IMU, a relationship with the PWM signal sent to the motors and output of the IMU ensures the robot is balanced.
- The PID constants were manually tuned in order to ensure the robot could balance.
- A complementary filter was used to combine the the outputs of the IMU.
- Micropython was used as a programming language.